Some of our readers may know that we ITs Food people like Harry Potter; both the books and films. Well, just a few months after Amazon bought the original copy of The Tales of Beedle the Bard for almost £2,000,000 they’re offering a very special version of the book for sale.
The Tales of Beedle the Bard is published by The Children’s High Level Group (CHLG), registered charity number 1112575, a charity co-founded in 2005 by J K Rowling and Emma Nicholson MEP to make life better for vulnerable children.
All net proceeds* from the sale will be donated to The Children’s Voice campaign.
The Children’s Voice campaign is run by CHLG. It campaigns for child rights across Europe, particularly in Eastern Europe where over a million children and teenagers are growing up in institutions, often in unacceptable conditions. In most cases they are without adequate human or emotional contact and stimulation, while many only just survive without life’s basics such as adequate shelter and food.
CHLG’s Children’s Voice campaign helps around a quarter of a million children each year through education activities; outreach work in institutions; and a dedicated telephone and email help line.
*We estimate that £20 GBP per unit from the sale of the Collector’s Edition from Amazon.co.uk will be donated to CHLG.
The Collectors Edition has the following:
- All five fairy tales from the original The Tales of Beedle the Bard
- An outer case disguised as a wizarding textbook from the Hogwarts library
- Handwritten version of J.K. Rowling’s new introduction
- 10 new illustrations by J.K. Rowling not included in the Standard Edition or the original handcrafted edition
- Velvet bag embroidered with J.K. Rowling’s signature
- Metal skull, corners, and clasp
- Replica gemstones
- Emerald ribbon
I think the temptation may be too much for us… I think the credit card may soon have to come out! What do you think? Will you be getting this?