Firefox 3 released June 17th

As our most popular post currently is “How to defrag in Windows Vista” I thought I’d post this for our tech happy readers.

On June 17th the guys and gals behind the excellent web browser, Firefox, are releasing version 3.  Promising to be faster, more secure and more customisable than ever Firefox 3 is a real alternative to Internet Explorer.  Looking at our web stats almost 20% of visitors to ITs Food (and other sites I manage) use Firefox.

To mark this landmark they’re encouraging as many people as possible to download Firefox in one day to set a Guinness World record.

Set a Guinness World Record

Enjoy a Better Web

Sounds like a good deal, right? All you have to do is get Firefox 3 during Download Day to help set the record for most software downloads in 24 hours – it’s that easy. We’re not asking you to swallow a sword or to balance 30 spoons on your face, although that would be kind of awesome.

Download Day - English

Give it a go and try Firefox out if you haven’t already.  I’ll be honest with you, I use Firefox about 80% of the time and Internet Explorer for the remaining 20%.  Some websites only seem to work in Internet Explorer still but that’s mainly due to poor design and coding on the website rather than Firefox not being up to the job.

If you do download Firefox and try it out, post a comment and let us know how you’re finding it.

Advertisements

About itsfood

An IT Manager with an interest in tech (because he's a geek who enjoys his job too much) and food & wine (because he enjoys eating and drinking when not working).
This entry was posted in Tech and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

2 Responses to Firefox 3 released June 17th

  1. Pingback: Firefox 3 available for download now! « ITs Food

  2. Susan says:

    Ive had firefox pretty much since it came out, so i don’t really know how its different, but when i use other computers with internet explorer, i tottaly don’t understand. I love firefox, its the best web browser so far!!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s