We’re happy to announce our forthcoming Summer of Rosé 2007 event. With rosé wine becoming more and more popular we’ve decided to buy in 6 popular brands and let them battle it out for the coveted title 🙂 of “ITs Food Favourite Rosé of 2007”. Wow, what an honour 😉
We’ll review each of the 6 rosé wines in turn then have a grand final where we’ll pick our favourite. The wines have all been bought at Tesco and we took into account their overall value as well as their popularity. The wines are…
- Pink Elephant 2006 (review now live)
- Casillero del Diablo Shiraz Rosé 2006 (review now live)
- Tesco Finest De Vito Grenache Rosé 2006 (review now live)
- The Real Rosé Company Pink Zinfandel 2006 (review now live)
- Turning Leaf Shiraz Rosé 2005 (review now live)
- Rioja Gran Familia Rosado, 2006 (review now live)
I’ve never been a huge rosé fan myself but it seems you just can’t stop it taking over from Chardonnay as the wine to glug at summer parties and when “taking lunch”. With that in mind I’m ready to re-educate my taste buds and give it a go.
Now, having whetted your appetite (and palette hopefully) I’ve got to admit that posts will be even rarer over the next few weeks as work commitments will mean a few nights away from family and home 😦 and therefore no access to wines or much Internet browsing either. I’ll try to post when I can but I promise we will still be here even though we might go a bit quiet.